The efforts of the young Generals were recognized and rewarded in the awarding ceremonies of this year’s General Santos City Youth Achievers Award (GSCYAA) held at Robinson’s Place Gensan. Now on its 11th year, the GSCYAA is dubbed as the premier venue for the selection of outstanding young individuals and youth groups.
In-School Category – High School Level
And the nominees are…
1. MELCHEN MAE N. MACHAN | SPED Integrated School
2. ROMEO A. DEQUITO, JR. | SPED Integrated School
3. THEA DANIELLE B. CARTOJANO | Shalom Crest Wizard Academy
4. PAULINE AUBREY S. PACHECO | Shalom Crest Wizard Academy
5. JOSELV E. ALBANO | Holy Trinity College High School Department
And the winners are…
In-School Category – College
The nominees are…
1.LURVIE JAMES N. FRUTO |Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Colleges
2.KHRISTIAN IAN C. CASTILLON |Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Colleges
3.JOHN REX B. GALDO |Mindanao State University
Young Professional, Workers and Entrepreneurs Category
The nominees are…
1.ALDRIN A. MATO |Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Colleges
2.MEIKKO JAY D. FORONES |Mindanao Polytechnic College
3.HAIRONESAH M. DOMADO |Asia Foundation
And the winner is…
The nominees are…
1.JUNIOR ECOLOGIST MOVEMENT|Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Colleges
2.TRI-YOUTH MOVEMENT|DXCP/KapayapaanKapatid Council
3.SOCIAL SCIENCE SOCIETY|Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Colleges
The GSCYAA Alumni seized the opportunity to publicly honor MR. ELMER CEQUIÑA, the GSCYAA Program Coordinator for his exemplary commitment in honing the youth of the city.
Mayor Darlene Antonino-Custodio lauded the young individuals who have made sterling distinction and the youth organizations that have made a difference in the community.
Thank you, Youth Affairs and Development Office staff, for the extra miles you have extended. Thank you, Allan Loi Villanueva, for hosting the affair! Thank you, Roxell Dubal, Gladys Reyes and Teatro Ambahanon, for your special performances! Thank you, Mass Communication Students of RMMC (Michelle Pamonag, Sheena Amistoso, Loremae Romualdo and Cherish Lumang), Binoy Magtibay and my beloved husband Mosler Paul Lapore, for the valuable support you have given!
Thank you, fellow adjudicators, for the enriching journey of growth and development!
Congratulations to all the winners and organizers!
November 30, 2011, a non-working holiday in celebration of Bonifacio Day throughout the Philippines, is also my 59th Wedding Monthsary. My beloved husband gave me delightful midnight surprises. His joyful demeanor triggered giggles and laughter that our little Duday and I enjoyed to the hilt. We had some red wine and mini cakes to cap our simple celebration.
On December 30, 2011, a non-working holiday in celebration of Rizal Day in the country, my beloved husband and I will celebrate our 60th month of being married. It will be 5 years of growing and learning, fighting and forgiving, living and exploring, loving and healing! Marriage is truly a beautiful gift from the Lord!
Father, thank you for my beloved husband, Mosler Paul Lapore. Thank you for the gift of marriage. I am so grateful to have a mate who is my companion through life. Let me never forget that my husband is a treasure and a reward from you. Enable me to love and respect him all the days of my life. Amen.
November 26, 2011 is going to be a remarkable day since I am joining the largest and funnest gathering of bloggers, online media and social networking enthusiasts in Southern Philippines. I am raring to receive valuable information and insights from internet stalwarts and blogging celebrities from all over the Philippines.
My excitement is mounting up since my beloved husband, Mosler Paul Lapore, and some of my Mass Communication students from Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Colleges are also joining. We will savor this enriching experience together as we learn as much as we can.
Yebah! I am joining Blogfest Soccsksargen 2.0 as a registered participant and as one of the hosts! Thank you, Sir Avel Manansala and organizers, for the opportunity! Thank you, generous sponsors, for supporting this event!
I will catch some sleep so I can have a preview of the program in my dreams tonight. I will make sure that I wake up early so I can be at the venue way ahead of call time. I will because I must. Whoaaaah!
See you, fellow Bloggers!
Pleasant surprises are coming my way.
I will sleep with a heart overflowing with gratitude
and a soul oozing with hope.
Thank You, Lord!
I am amazed by You!
“Your thoughts—how rare, how beautiful!
God, I’ll never comprehend them!
I couldn’t even begin to count them—
any more than I could count the sand of the sea.
Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you!”
Psalm 139: 17-18 (Message Translation)
It’s 11-11-11 and it has been a year since I started this personal blog.
- I LOOK BACK and remember how blessed I am to be surrounded with influencers who challenged and inspired me to get into blogging. They enthused me to share my journey through a different platform. They impregnated me with ideas to explore the possibilities and infused me with courage to hit the publish button. Thank you, Sir Avel Manasala and SOX Bloggers for igniting the fire and fanning the flame!
- I LOOK AROUND and reaffirm that we live in a global village. In this beautiful planet, there are a lot of people I can encourage, a lot of people I can learn from, and a lot of people I can journey with. Thank you, global readers, for going through my posts and giving your comments! You keep me fired up!
- I LOOK FORWARD and realize that the possibilities are enormous! Considering immensity of the astounding things that are yet to happen, I am all the more stimulated to give my best in everything that I do. Thank you, Mosler Paul Lapore, my beloved husband, for holding my hand as we anticipate bigger adventures and greater blessings.
- I LOOK UP and recognize that far beyond the power of great men and women is the sovereignty of the Almighty God and Father, the ultimate source of wisdom and creativity. I consecrate myself once more to God as I boldly declare that amazing things are going to happen in and through this blog as I keep advancing in His presence. Thank You, Lord, for the opportunity to live, love and blog!
Friends (and critics), thank you for dropping by! Love hugs are coming your way! Your comments and suggestions would surely make this day extra special! Go ahead, and give this baby-blogger an extra boost that would charge her in her journey towards her 2nd Blogoversary on 11-11-12!
A day before our Singapore trip, my husband and I decided to make our Auntie Susan’s birthday week special by going to Manila Ocean Park. We were glad to find out in the park’s official website that there are special treats for the season. We unanimously decided to avail of the Sun Up Special Mid-year Savers promo at PhP600 per person.
Since we had more than two hours before the Sea Lion Show, we decided to proceed to the Oceanarium. The diverse species of marine creatures in the giant aquariums made us gasp in amazement.
We were surrounded with fishes of different colors, shapes and sizes. Since no flash photography was allowed inside the facility, my husband and I captured some images by maximizing the available light using 50mm/1.8 lens.