Taking the cue from the lessons learned during the John Maxwell’s Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2, Notebook 1: Today Matters, I am making the decision to focus on these twelve big decisions:
“Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.”
~Ruth Ann Schabacker
This Christmas, I take time to ponder on how God has manifested His great love for me throughout the year. In the silence of the night, just before everything turns chaotic for the last minute preparations for Noche Buena, I breathe with gratitude. Thanksgiving is my heartbeat as I take stock of God’s creative expressions of His unwavering commitment to transform me from glory to glory.
One of the best things that I experienced this year is being a part of the biggest and grandest blogging event on this side of the planet which took place on December 11, 2010. Continue reading
The Local Government of General Santos City through the Youth Affairs Development Office presents the GENERAL SANTOS CITY YOUTH ACHIEVER’S AWARD (GSCYAA) 2010 in a simple but very meaningful ceremony on December 20, 2010 at the Old Sangguniang Panlungsod, City Hall, General Santos City.
This year, I shared the key principles based on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. My goal was to facilitate a paradigm shift among the teens who gathered at the Water Gran Resort, Bawing, General Santos City. I challenged the students to be proactive, to begin with the end in mind, to put things first, to think win-win, to seek first to understand then to be understood, to synergize and to sharpen the saw.
I am grateful that the City Councilor Margareth Rose N. Santos, Chairman of Committee on Education, has continued the legacy of Hon. Lourdes Casabuena who started the program in 2001. The unwavering support of the Division Office of the Department of Education, through Ma’am Letecia Cabang, Ma’am Domingo and Ma’am Tobis, is so inspiring.
I am taking it upon myself to continue growing so that I will remain relevant in the 21st Century and continue to influence the youth. God willing, I will continue to training the youth even 3o years from now.
In the midst of the preparations for the 7th People’s Congress, Pastor Andoy Docena, Senior Pastor of Dadiangas Baptist Church, asked me if I would be available to preach on November 14, 2010. I readily said yes knowing it would be an opportunity to allow God to use my voice and share His Word. Besides, it’s my way of honoring my senior pastor who has to leave for Manila for a much-needed break and a post-birthday vacation. Later on, I realized that it has been almost a year since I last shared a sermon in the pulpit.
While gearing up for the gathering of the 32,000 FRAME members at the Oval Plaza, the direction for the message was impressed by the Lord upon me. The title was clear: Burning With Passion, Bursting With Power. While on my knees, the revelations just came like a breeze. I kept my heart open and my mind alert for further insights. What happened during the 7th People’s Congress affirmed God’s direction for this Sunday’s message. I am so fired up. I am uncontainable!
Let me share with you my sermon outline that stirred my heart and moved me to preach with such intensity.
BURNING WITH PASSION, BURSTING WITH POWER (Outline of the Sermon delivered on November 14, 2010)
Deuteronomy 1:6-8 (The Message) Back at Horeb, God, our God, spoke to us: “You’ve stayed long enough at this mountain. On your way now. Get moving. Head for the Amorite hills, wherever people are living in the Arabah, the mountains, the foothills, the Negev, the seashore—the Canaanite country and the Lebanon all the way to the big river, the Euphrates. Look, I’ve given you this land. Now go in and take it. It’s the land God promised to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and their children after them.”
Psalm 18:30-36 (The Message) What a God! His road stretches straight and smooth. Every God-direction is road-tested. Everyone who runs toward him makes it. Is there any god like God? Are we not at bedrock? Is not this the God who armed me, then aimed me in the right direction? Now I run like a deer; I’m king of the mountain. He shows me how to fight; I can bend a bronze bow! You protect me with salvation-armor; you hold me up with a firm hand, caress me with your gentle ways. You cleared the ground under me so my footing was firm.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO LEAP FORWARD & LEAD CHANGE?
- We have to be burning with passion.
- We have to be bursting with power.
WHY IS PASSION & POWER NECESSARY TO LEAP & LEAD?
- There is a chasm between where we are and we should be.
- We need all the energy and intensity we can muster to cross the gap
HOW CAN WE BURN WITH PASSION & BURST WITH POWER?
- We can only burn with passion and burst with power by abiding in God’s Presence.
Psalm 18:28-29 (The Message) Suddenly, God, you floodlight my life; I’m blazing with glory, God’s glory! I smash the bands of marauders, I vault the highest fences.
1. God’s presence brings forth PURPOSE–through His Presence, our SIGNIFICANCE is affirmed. Philippians 2:13 (New Living Translation) For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
2. God’s presence brings forth PROVISION-through His Presence, our SUPPLY is abundant. Philippians 4:19 (NIV) And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 31:19 (New International Version) How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you.
3. God’s presence brings forth PROTECTION-through His Presence, our SECURITY is assured. Psalm 91:1-4 (The Message) You who sit down in the High God’s presence, spend the night in Shaddai’s shadow, Say this: “God, you’re my refuge. I trust in you and I’m safe!” That’s right—he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards. His huge outstretched arms protect you— under them you’re perfectly safe; his arms fend off all harm.
4. God’s presence brings forth PEACE -through His Presence, our SERENITY is accessed. John 14:27 (NIV) Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
2 Chronicles 7:14 (The Message) …and my people, my God-defined people, respond by humbling themselves, praying, seeking my presence, and turning their backs on their wicked lives, I’ll be there ready for you: I’ll listen from heaven, forgive their sins, and restore their land to health.
5. God’s presence brings forth PASSION & POWER – through His Presence, REAL SUCCESS is achieved. 1 Chronicles 29:11-12 (The Message) Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.