Why General Joana?
Residents of General Santos City are referred to as Generals. This concept was spread when the city produced a TV show Today With The Generals as part of the Yaman Gensan Celebration. As one of the hosts, I started getting used to the sound of General Joana Grace Banting-Lapore since that was how our Direk Egai Cadiente instructed us to introduce ourselves.
Who is General Joana?
- I was born and raised in General Santos City.
- I was named after my Papa Jose and Mama Antonia
- I am married to Mosler Paul P. Lapore.
- As an active resident of General Santos City, I am passionately involved in community developmental efforts.
- As a Mindanaoan, I am determined to show the whole world the beauty and bounty of the island that is usually misunderstood.
- As an educator, I equip college students to be ready to make a life, not just a living.
- As a blogger, I desire to connect not just communicate.
- As an agent of transformation, I am Leaping Forward and Leading Change.